Fast, safe, and the most comfortable!
At Island Adventures, our boats are part of the family. The Island Explorer 5 is not only the best designed whale watch boat in the area, it's the best maintained. All of our vessels hold a higher safety rating than the WA State Ferries; they are safe, fast, and comfortable.
Meet the industry's finest whale watching vessel – Island Explorer 5
The Island Explorer 5 offers the best platform for photography, and is the preferred choice for photographers across the area.
The Island Explorer 5 features full walk-around lower decks, upper viewing decks, great sound systems, heated cabins, galley service, spacious restrooms with changing tables, and the best crew in the area.
Size matters. Regardless of vessel size, all companies obey the same guidelines on viewing distance so why not choose the vessel with three viewing decks and an higher vantage point on the water?
Island Explorer 5
The Island Explorer 5 is simply the best whale watching vessel anywhere.
She is 98' long, 30' wide with a cruise speed of over 25 knots. She is also incredibly quiet which will enhance your whale watching experience. 20+ years of whale watching experience has gone into the design of the Island Explorer 5. She has three full walk-around outside viewing decks with cathedral bow seating that provides more outside viewing area than any tour boat in the region. There are also two large heated cabins with seating for all guests, state of the art A/V system, and large comfortable bathrooms. Onboard guests will enjoy our South of the Border Cafe with hot food, snacks, beer, and wine for sale.
- Front Row Viewing: Outside rail viewing space on one side of the boat for all guests
- Indoor heated seating for all passengers
- Three viewing decks for the best possible vantage point over the water
- Best galley menu of any tour vessel in the area – fresh and changing with the seasons
- High-speed catamaran with speeds capable of 25+ knots, giving us one of the largest ranges in the industry
- AED onboard with highly trained/qualified staff and crew
Make a reservation online with our secure system and receive an immediate email confirmation.
See what we've seen on the water. There's a detailed account from every tour since 2003!